3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Juice of 1 lime 2 tsp.
chili powder 1 tsp.
paprika 1/2 tsp.
ground cumin 1/2 tsp.
cayenne pepper 1 1/2 lb.
cod (or other flaky white fish) 1/2 tbsp.
Freshly ground black pepper 8
corn tortillas 1
Lime wedges, for serving
Sour cream, for serving For the corn slaw: 1/4 c.
Juice of 1 lime 2 tbsp.
freshly chopped cilantro 1 tbsp.
honey 2 c.
shredded purple cabbage 1 c.
corn kernels 1
- In a medium shallow bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, paprika, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne.
- Add cod, tossing until evenly coated. Let marinate 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make slaw: In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice, cilantro, and honey. Stir in cabbage, corn, and jalapeño. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil. Remove cod from marinade and season both sides of each filet with salt and pepper. Add fish flesh side-down. Cook until opaque and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Let rest 5 minutes before flaking with a fork.
- Assemble tacos: Serve fish over grilled tortillas with corn slaw and avocado. Squeeze lime juice on top and garnish with sour cream.